* Wears like a tampon, lasts like a pad.
* Reduces use of tampons/pads. I normally go through 10-12 pads, but with the cup I only used 4 for overnight.
* Cost-efficient. A 40ct of pads costs roughly $8 USD and lasts for 3-4 periods. A cup costs $40 and lasts for 10 years! It pays itself off after the first half of the first year.
* I’m sure the little bit of pushing prepares for childbirth somehow.
* Difficult to use in public restrooms. I don’t know that I’d be able to just dump and reinsert being in a stall. It’s nice to have a sink within arm’s reach to wash it out.
* Painful if the cup isn’t soft enough.
* May be difficult to remove with long nails but if you’re well adjusted, I encourage you to try.
In Conclusion: Get a soft cup that’s easy to fold for insertion and removal. And don’t try to use it for the first time unless you’re at home or you have access to a bathroom that has full privacy and a sink within three steps.